Whole Food Cleanse-Day 5
So today is day 5 of the Whole Food Cleanse and we are both feeling great and a little lighter too!
I borrowed a slow cooker from Kimbie so I could be a lazy cook today. This is honestly the first time I have ever used one but is most certainly not the last! It is awesome! I literally just dumped a bunch of chopped veggies and spices in it this morning and let it cook all day while I ran errands, put away Christmas decorations and biked around the neighborhood.
This was so simple to do and it turned out better than I had expected! This would be perfect to do before work and by the time you got home dinner would be hot and ready! This is better than any veggie curry I’ve had in a long time. Seriously! It was the perfect amount of spice for me(about medium) and this recipe makes more than enough to share and also have left overs!
The Whole Food Cleanse-Day 5 Menu:
Breakfast: Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Lunch: Black Bean Salad
Snack: organic baby carrots and a couple of crunchy dill pickles
and for dinner…
Super Food Ingredient: Carrots
- Carrots are an excellent source of vitamins C, K, beta carotene, potassium and fiber.
- They are one of the richest sources of phytonutrients called carotenoids which are good for the eyes, especially for seeing in poor light.
- They are also a great source of antioxidant compounds that help protect against cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
- Carrots have tough cell walls that prevent nutrients to be absorbed into the body. Thus, cooking or juicing them would be better than eating them raw to get the most nutritional value.
- Research suggest eating just one carrot a day may cut a smoker’s risk of developing lung cancer in half.